Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Set Back

Hi Everyone:   I'm back in the hospital for five days.   I went to clinic on  Tuesday and had a little cold.  They did a nasal swab to see what viruses I have.  When I got home I got a call at 5pm from the PA and saying that I had RSV (plus the rhino virus and corona virus)  and needed to be hospitilized for treatments for the RSV.  If not treated, it can quickly turn into pneumonia for bone marrow patients.   So, I was at the hospital at 7:30 pm that night and got my first treatment at 10 PM.   The treatments last for two hours, every eight hours.   I'm not getting quality sleep and I'm tired. But, it's better than the alternative of being in the ICU with pneumonia.    
    The treatments are not painful, but terribly inconvenient.    I am in a tent on my bed breathing in the medicine via an oxygen mask.   I then have to take a shower, and sheets and clothing have to be washed. Everyone wears a mask in my room and I'm confined to my room.  
     I'll be very glad to go home hopefully on Sunday afternoon.   Until next week.
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment