Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Turned Another Corner

It is nice to say that I am feeling so much stronger and can tell that I am so much better than I was last fall.  I'm still on a lot of oral meds, but my IV has been reduced to one hour a day.  I started out doing 6 hours a day, so I am feeling less tied down.  

I am going out more, running errands and shopping.   I do have to pace myself and in most places, I still wear a mask in public.   If stores are not crowded than I'll take it off as it is difficult to wear.  

I  go weekly to the hospital, but just this week I was able to go in for blood work only.   I'll see the doctor now on an every other week basis.  That is very encouraging and hope that the tapers for the medications start and the central line will come out.   I'm hopeful that will happen before summer.  

My hair is growing back.   It is super short and I'm no longer wearing hats everywhere.   It came in as startling white/silver.    Everytime I looked in the mirror, I jumped.    I really did not recognize myself, although many people thought that I 'rocked' that look.    Last week, I had it dyed to blonde.   It will be a work in progress to get it to the right blonde.  It is really hard to dye white hair.  
Funny thing-in the hospital I really didn't think I would ever dye it back.  I just wanted hair.   I guess I must be getting better, since it matters to me.

Everyone is still so nice and concerned.   I appreciate all the good and positive thoughts sent my way.   Yesterday, a nurse told me there is joy in his job as he sees that what they do in bone marrow patients is to give us a few more years.  I told him that I certainly hope I get a few more years!   I'm looking at a long life!   I have to have that hope!  Life is good.    

No comments:

Post a Comment